New England States Committee on Electricity
Information Requests to AVANGRID, Inc.
Pursuant to the Interim Formula Rate Protocols (the “Protocols”) that the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (“Commission”) approved on December 28, 2020 in Docket No. ER20-2054-000 as part of the settlement agreement resolving all issues in Docket No. EL16-19 (“Settlement Agreement”), the New England States Committee on Electricity (“NESCOE”) submits the following information requests to AVANGRID, Inc., parent company of The United Illuminating Company (“UI”) and Central Maine Power Co. (“CMP”), regarding the Participating Transmission Owners Administrative Committee’s July 30, 2021 Annual Informational Filing Regarding ISO Tariff Charges in Effect as of June 1, 2021 and January 1, 2022; Docket Nos. RT04-2-000, ER20-2054, et al. (“2021 Informational Filing”).
These information requests are being sent to email@example.com in accordance with Attachment 11 of the 2021 Informational Filing. Questions regarding these requests may be directed to Jason Marshall at firstname.lastname@example.org and Dorothy Capra at email@example.com.
- Please refer to PDF page 1025 of the 2021 Informational Filing, “The United Illuminating Company 2021 Forecasted Plant in Service and PTF Transmission Revenue Requirements,” and specifically its identification of “Pequonnock CWIP.”
- Please provide a citation to the Commission’s authorization for UI to include CWIP in rate base.
- Explain the methodology that was used to calculate the estimated CWIP balance. Please include a sample numerical calculation with citations to the data sources illustrating how the CWIP balance was determined.
- Is CWIP included in UI’s rate base for any other projects? If so:
- Please identify all schedules and worksheets showing the amount of CWIP that is included in UI’s rate base.
- Provide citations to the Commission’s authorization for including CWIP in rate base.
- Explain the methodology that was used to calculate the estimated CWIP balances, and
- Include a sample numerical calculation with citations to the data sources illustrating how the CWIP balance was determined for one project.
- Please refer to Eversource’s Attachment 10, Worksheet 4 – The Connecticut Light & Power, 2021, 2022 Plant in Service Forecast, which lists Actual/Estimated TCA Submittal Dates by project for its forecasted 2021 and 2022 plant additions. Please provide the same information for all plant additions for which a TCA is required pursuant to ISO New England’s Planning Procedure for such additions listed in (i) CMP’s Attachment 10 (page 4 and any other applicable pages, g. the following unmarked page) and (ii) UI’s RNS filing (2021 Forecasted Plant in Service and PTF Transmission Revenue Requirements) and Attachment 10.